- An angry Customer wants to know that their complaint is being heard NOW!
- Do not send an email – CALL.
- Take ownership. Whenever possible, solve the issue yourself. If that’s not possible, at least be the Customer’s one point of contact.
- "I'm sorry. How can I make it better?"
- Don't give a Customer cause to say that their needs were not met.
- Go out of your way to make it right.
- Handle all internal communication yourself – don’t pass the buck.
- Once you’re done, ask your Customer if they are satisfied with the results.
- After you make it right, apologize again.
- Learn from your mistakes.
When Something Goes Wrong
Errors happen, and one complaint screams louder than thirty compliments. To turn a negative into a positive: